Thursday, September 09, 2004

Get Down! Boogie -- oogie -- oogie!

I am sooooo jazzed. I just got off the phone with, hopefully, my new spiritual director. His name is Fr. John Lanzrath and he is a priest of the diocese of Wichita. I tried to find spiritual direction in my own diocese but was largely unsuccessful. I think that it is better to have a degree of separation of your director from the diocese in which one lives. It gives better objectivity and less temptation to sink into old inter-diocesan arguments.

I have been looking for so long and now that I have found one I just could jump out of my skin. He and I have agreed to a three-month probation period to see if we are a good fit and all that. My first appointment is on September 24.

Spiritual Direction is so important for priests and religious and even the average Catholic although for the beginner a lot of that can be covered in the Sacrament of Penance through a regular Confessor. I am looking forward to this like you can't imagine. Please pray for my new director when you get the chance.

No comments: