Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Joy of Christian Fellowship

Yes, I am using a term that I normally don't like to use, usually because it is a misnomer for the real thing it attempts to describe. In other words, Christian Fellowship is not the same as Christian Worship, but many people mistake it for that. However, Christian Fellowship is such an excellent thing.

I just finished my monthly meeting with my Third Order Dominican Chapter. That's right; I am a Domini-can, not a Domini-can't. Anyway, I love that time I share with those people. We are all hungry to not only know the content of the Faith, but also we hunger to find ways to apply and to enrich the Truths of the Faith, so that we can know God and not just know stuff about Him. Our meeting was a time of prayer, study, and we stood around and laughed. They would be surprised to know this but I think I get more out of it than I put into it. As a pastor, much of my time is spent with people who seem not overly interested in their Faith. They appear to be going through the motions. To spend time with people who are interested (they actually read books of good quality) restores my soul and gives me some hope to continue on. They also help me "keep it real."

Christian Fellowship therefore is of good benefit to us all. I know this is random thoughts moment but I think you know where I am going with this.

No comments: