Thursday, December 23, 2004


It has been some time since I have shared much information about, Edgar, the young boy in my parish who was diagnosed with brain cancer back in the spring. During the summer, while he had to be in Oklahoma City for days at a time for radiation treatments, I took him and his parents to the Oklahoma State Fair. I figured it would give them a welcome distraction from their daily trips to and from radiation therapy. Much to my surprise, little Edgar walked the whole evening and claimed he wasn't tired when it was time to leave. I thought it would knock him out. Actually, his mom reported to me that he did sleep ALOT the next day. I cropped this photo so that you can also see the nasty State Fair Indian Taco I was eating, having placed it on the brick ledge in order to take this photo. Currently, little Edgar is undergoing chemotherapy. He has to make one trip per week to Oklahoma City for the treatment, but since, unlike the radiation, it is not a daily treatment he is able to spend much more time at home and that pleases him. He is still ashen and weak, but he seems to be doing okay. Please continue to pray for him and his family. Posted by Hello

No comments: