Monday, December 27, 2004

Ridiculous
I had the morning TV news on (mistake #1) as I was eating my cereal just a few minutes ago. They did a report on the top grossing films of 2004. The story began with a focus on the #1 grossing film, "The Passion", bringing in $609 million (I think). After speaking about how Mel Gibson defied Hollywood and "redefined" what a filmmaker can do, the story moved on stating, "The only other film to get as much attention was Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

WHAT!??? Am I really supposed to believe that Moore's little "Whine-Fest" gained "AS MUCH ATTENTION" as Gibson's "The Passion"???!!! Give me a break! The story conveniently didn't mention the revenue totals from Moore's nonsense (so that we could, I don't know, actually make a comparison based on dollar amount). But, I am sorry (NO, I'm NOT sorry!), there is no way that "Fahrenheit 9/11" got as much attention as "The Passion." NO WAY! Considering the pre-release hype and media blitz, the commercials for weeks on end featuring "The Passion," and the continued interest in tracking its box office results, this is simply an entirely ridiculous comparison which inflates the value of Moore's lies or, worse, undercuts the real impact of "The Passion." Perhaps someone here can provide that missing box office total for "Fahrenheit 9/11" so that we have some data to go on rather than the word of the liberal talking heads.

Here is what I could find reported on the web for the top, all-time, highest grossing movies worldwide. Check out film #24 and film #226. Am I missing something here?

No comments: