Thursday, January 13, 2005

Birthday Poetry

After slaving away on a presentation about the life and work of St. Thomas Aquinas (more on that in another post), I was desparate, but not a housewife, to find something LIGHT to read. I picked up a copy of The Cat Who Talked Turkey by Lillian Jackson Braun. Her early novels were very enjoyable. Now, they have descended into gimmick, but the novel in question accomplished its purpose -- throwing ice on a fevered brain.

In the course of the narrative, one of the characters remarks about the custom of reading a particular poem on your birthday. It should be emblematic of the person in some way. As my birthday is rapidly approaching, I thought it might be kind of fun to pick one for myself. But I need some time to think.

I invite readers to leave behind their choices for their personal birthday poems. Given the snark factor associated with this blog, I don't need any suggestions ... unless they are really flattering.

No comments: