Sunday, May 29, 2005

Just a few days remain
Since my ordination to the Priesthood in 1999, I have held the "title": Youngest Priest of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City. As I feel the need to remind readers, that is youngest by calendar age, not most recently ordained. As a few years of ordination passed (and Fr. Tharp, who is just a few months older than I, turned 30), I became the only priest of the Archdiocese in his 20's. That soon passed too, and now, this Friday, I will relinquish the "title" to the now-Deacon Joseph Irwin, who is set to be ordained a priest in our Cathedral on Friday evening. He is the first priest ordained since my year who is younger than I. He is 28 and I am 32. With this event I think it is only fitting that I be named a monsignor or given some other impressive-sounding title that is less paternal-sounding and ultimately meaningless! LOL!

No comments: