Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Truth about Abortion and W

Maggie Gallagher, an independent write whom I admire, gave me the heads up about this article. I recall arguing with several Catholics who wanted to justify they vote for Pro-Abortion Senator Kerry by saying, "Well, President Bush is not really Pro-Life, after all the number of abortions in the US went down under President Clinton but up under President Bush's first term."

Let the truth be known! Now I am NOT endorsing a particular political candidate nor political party (frankly, when pollsters ask me my political affiliation I tell them I am a "Catholic/Christian Democrat in the historical sense." Let them figure out what that means). I bring this article up because I am passionate about Jesus Christ, the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life. In fact, I am personally disgusted with politics and all political parties. While I know that there are exceptions, it strikes me that most are motivated more by self-interest than the common good.

No comments: