Saturday, June 18, 2005

Well, folks, this is a whole new dimension of weird

You know, guyzos, I don't what to say. I want to ring this guy's neck. I want to wring this guy's bishop's neck. I feel terrible for the sister who went to this gentleman seeking healing and got the wrong end of a cross in the bargain. I don't want to impugn the good intentions of the Orthodox Christians who might (however unlikely) actually read this blog, but this seems to typify the weirdness of extremes. In the Catholic Church, it is the problem of not enough vertical thinking (i.e. a loss of the dramatically spiritual). In the Orthodox Church, again from an outsider's view, it is an absence of proper application to one's own time. In other words, Christ drives out demons so let's re-enact the Crucifixion and that will really scare them. Demons aren't scared because you have a piece of wood in your hand -- it is the power of Faith (and hence it is the power of Christ who compels them to leave;we are instruments) that drives out the demon. Again, I don't want people to think that I am condemning all and any Orthodox Christian -- I am just trying to wrap my mind around this.

No comments: