Friday, August 19, 2005

Hey...Machinations!

I am so excited about tomorrow. Tomorrow is the freshman orientation for our local university here in Alva, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, and yours truly will be staffing a booth for the incoming freshmen. Hehehehehehe! Imagine the orthodox Catholic pamphlets. Envision registration materials. Bask in the knowledge of attractive flyers announcing the Immaculate Heart Newman Society. The groups start coming through from 9:00 a.m. to about 11:00 a.m. which leaves plenty of time to get back for confessions. There might even be time for a quick trip to the gym.

This is very exciting and nerve-wracking because this is the first real program that I have had to engineer from scratch. Our weekly meetings will revolve around the Holy Mass, lunch, and a discussion of the works of Luigi Guissani. Yes, you guessed it, I am going to give Communion and Liberation a try. While I am nervous about "running" the School of Community correctly, I know that even if done badly, it is better than not doing anything for the college students. Now, I would love to sit and chat, but I have flyers to print, banners to create and other fun jazz. Take it easy!

No comments: