Thursday, September 29, 2005

In honor of Archangels

For those in the know, today is the Feast of the Holy Archangels, Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. Jewish tradition, I think, says that there are seven, but I don't know names for the others. The big three of today's feasts are major agents in God's plan of salvation. I must admit loving this feast day merely because it demonstrates not only how good creation is (it includes created spirits who are like me) and how much God loves us. The beauty of creation and the wonderous glory of the angels reminds us how much God wants us to be with Him for all eternity. But there is a catch.

The catch is we must say "yes." God will give every help, but we must go along for the ride. To that end, I have linked some thoughts of John da Fiesole at Disputations. I think you find them enlightening. I sure did.

No comments: