Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Beginning of the Re-Education of Fr. Tharp: Chapter I

They arrived today. On a whim and thanks to Amazon.com, they arrived today. I had had been feeling the need to re-connect with the vital roots of the Church's teaching. Today, the key tool arrived. Yes, I have my five volume Summa Theologica sitting on my kitchen table. It was a repulsive scene, watching me rub the first volume against my jawline and smelling the faux leather bindings. My contented purring rose from my need to open Thomas immediately and bask in his doubly reflected glory.

So begins the re-education. There are so many key works by so many key figures that I still need to read. How will I ever make room for science fiction, murder mysteries, and FINALLY the end of the Wheel of Time series.

No comments: