Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Lord's return in glory is upon us...
If you read this post before the strike of midnight, when it is still Tuesday, September 12, 2006, you still have time to prepare. If you read this post when it is already September 13, 2006, then it is already here: The Second Coming, the end of time, the return of the Universal Judge.

At least that's the way I feel when NBC plays that "It's a new day" jingle every five minutes to annouce that the new Today Show co-host (Meredith something) starts her first day at work on September 13, 2006! I suppose I am cynical, but it has gotten to a point that when I hear that jingle, I can't help but think: "Now, wait a minute, NBC, let's sit down for a moment. I hate to bring this up, but, well, you all really think that the fulfillment of the Supreme Being's promises to mankind are being manifested in this "new day," don't you? I mean, you sort of think that the solution to all of our problems, the collective needs of our common humanity, our hopes and dreams for the future are coming to pass in the "new day" of a Today Show anchor, right?"

And my response to that if I could show this were the attitude of NBC? "Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. In that case, yeah, the Judge may, in fact, be here."

No comments: