Saturday, October 28, 2006

St. Louis Cardinals: Your 2006 World Champions of Baseball!
A little over two years ago I was posting in celebration of the 2004 National League Championship title won by the St. Louis Cardinals. And I was boasting they would take the World Series versus the Boston Red Sox. Alas, that didn't happen.

But 2006 is another story. My dad was fortunate enough to be at last night's final game of the 2006 World Series. He had tickets to the game that was rained out and the make-up game was last night, which turned out to be the big game and the final of the series. Both my parents were born and raised in St. Louis and supporting the Cardinals is in the blood. In fact, I still have my penant from the Cardinals 1982 World Series victory (the white material has turned yellow over the years), the last series the Cards won.

Way to go Cardinals!

No comments: