Thursday, February 01, 2007

From the Rubber Hits The Road File

When I saw this article, I could have guessed where it was going to go. I have to hand to our Baptist friends: no matter where they are, they know how to spark a conversation. Granted, I would affirm what the Anglican archbishop had to say. In essence it is impossible to express a through, nuanced understanding in a 3' X 5' sign. While it is clear that God loves all men and women, I am willing to bet He would not be hot on what Osama does in His name.

Nevertheless, this is another "rubber hits the road" moment. Either you forgive all your enemies or you still have work to do. None of this should be taken as a condoning of terrorism. Osama will hopefully come to conversion and understanding, either in this life or in the next.

1 comment:

Ryan Jackson said...

This sounds like the true radicalness of Christianity that Christ to which Christ calls us. Kudos to the people putting up the signs!