Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Getting a Media Friendly Face Out There

I was thinking...dangerous I know. There are those of a more liberal stripe amongst the clergy who would suggest engagement with the world on the world's terms. I would agree...to a point. I think we have to engage the world, but on the terms of the Gospel. Learning how to speak the lingo of the world is useful but if and only if we are engaged with bringing the Gospel to the world. When the Gospel is received it will require change on the part of the World. If we engage on the world's terms, the Gospel is inevitably the one changed.

So, why aren't these priests and bishops putting their monies where their mouths are?
Might I suggest going on...



Whoever outlasts the others gets to be a Cardinal!

Or if the great outdoors is not their things, a priest could try out for...



Although this really more closely resembles the seminary...

No comments: