Thursday, September 15, 2005

Conveniently, there are flights departing daily

I am often exhausted by the ridiculous statements made by celebrities. This statement, "I don't want to live the country because of X," tops the list of most aggrevating. After all, this country is what allowed the celeb's talents to be recognized. It is the people of this country who put massive amounts of their money, money I might add which was earned by ACTUALLY WORKING, in the celeb's pockets. Therefore, when celebs say things like "I want to leave America because of X", whatever X might be, I always get the image of a tapeworm or some other parasite slithering away after taking what it wanted from the host.

So, with all due respect, Ms. Paltrow, if you don't like what's going on, either leave or help do something about it. Get up off that couch, go volunteer, get informed, but just do something other than sitting there and kevetching about it.

(To all readers: yes, I recognize the irony that I am writing about somebody else getting up and doing something to make things better when I could easily get up and do something to make things better. I would happily go recycle garbage in Alva and do odd jobs to get Paltrow to move somewhere else, but I don't think that will work. After all, would you accept a plane ticket that arrived anonymously?)

No comments: